I posted a peek at one hand stitching project a couple of weeks ago that used flowers from one vintage hanky. It is now complete.
There were some ups and downs along the way. I used some hand dyed fabric that bled a little during my damp stretching. While it definitely meant eliminating it from any possible gifts or sales, the bleed didn’t really bother me. It added to the ‘archival’ aspect of the piece. (Not to mention teaching me a good reminder to always test my hand dyes, especially if red is involved.)
I have also begun another stitching project using some more of my stash of vintage hankies. (The local antique mall has a number of vendors who offer a wonderful array of these hankies.)
It is just in its early stages but you might recognize one of the flower groupings included – the last of the flowers from the hanky that I used for the first project.
It is wonderful to find a new use for these vintage fabrics!
Linking, as usual, with Nina Marie’s Off the Wall Friday blog.